Ardscoil Rís provides education in the Catholic tradition. All classes have three periods per week for Religious Education and the RE Department has five qualified Religious Education staff members. This department organises events and ceremonies to mark events in the liturgical calendar such as Easter, Advent and Lent. They organise retreats, the beginning of year school Mass and the Leaving Certificate Graduation Ceremony and have a schedule of relevant guest speakers for different year groups. Since 2007 the RE department in Ardscoil has run Encounter Retreats for Leaving Certificate students. Members of the RE team are also responsible for running the India Immersion programme and in 2015 the sixth group of students will travel to Kulcatta to help with the work of the Christian Brothers and Mother Teresa’s sisters there.
- To foster an awareness that the human search for meaning is common to all peoples, of all ages and at all times
- To explore how this search for meaning has found, and continues to find, expression in religion
- To identify how understandings of God, religious traditions, and in particular the Christian tradition, have contributed to the culture in which we live, and continue to have an impact on personal life-style, inter-personal relationships and relationships between individuals and their communities and contexts
- To appreciate the richness of religious traditions and to acknowledge the non-religious interpretation of life
- To contribute to the spiritual and moral development of the student