- to afford students the opportunity to play an active part in the overall life of Ardscoil Rís.
- to encourage students to become self-confident and responsible.
- to give the students an official forum to be heard.
- to foster a sense of loyalty.
- to improve communication at all levels.
- to develop the Christian ethos as is characteristic of an Edmund Rice school.
- to enhance leadership skills and encourage the holistic development of the student body.
- 1st Year – 2 Reps – Eoghan Killian & Ian Cullen
- 2nd Year – 2 Reps – Conor Boylan & Philip O’Brien
- 3rd Year – 2 Reps – Conor Houlihan & Eoghan Foley
- 4th Year – 2 Reps – Fionn Larkin & Donal Murphy
- 5th Year - 3 Reps – Padraig de Brún, Declan Keane & Conor Quigley
- 6th Year - 3 Reps – Paul O’Connell, Robbie Deegan & Tony Cusack
Chairman – Tony Cusack
Vice Chairperson – Pádraig de Brún
Secretary – Paul O’Connell
Assistant Secretary – Conor Quigley
Joint Treasurers – Robbie Deegan & Declan Keane
Actions Undertaken since September 2011
- Flag Day – in aid of Indian Immersion
- Open Night - In co-operation with Ms. Goodwin and Parent’s Council
- Review of Transition Year Programme Policy
- Parent Teacher Meetings – Student Council organised refreshments
- St. Vincent de Paul – Food Appeal for Christmas
- 1st Year Elections – 2 candidates chosen from each 1st Year class. Campaign undertaken and elections were held early November.
- Student Council are in charge of the Lost & Found and also informing school community of school activities.
- Currently working on having a carol service for the elderly within the community with refreshments afterwards.